Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Sandy B
Hello,
My name is Sandy. I live in this amazing historical mining town called Nevada City in an 1870 remodeled Victorian which I share with my husband Todd and my "fur child" Henry. This building also includes my boutique I opened 6 months ago called Sandy B.
I was encouraged by my best friend Leenie (who by the way pushed me into this) to do a blog. I thought.....what the heck is a blog? And why would anyone be interested in reading about other people's lives? Who has that kind of time? Well, I guess I was wrong.....Here I am.
My husband and I recently moved back to California from Kauai, Hawaii because we missed the mountains,yes and the snow. We realized after a short 4 year sabbatical in Hawaii, " There is no place like California!" To us, anyway... so here we are settled in this adorable little town and I am doing something I have never done before, opening a boutique and joining the new world of blogging.
I guess I have more time than I thought and Leenie thought it would be a good way for me to meet other women with similar interest who might be interested in a little "girl talk".
So here it goes... I hope you will join me on my new journey of blogging and starting over in a new chapter of my life.
Thanks,
Sandy B

6 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Leenie was right! Love the new blog...youi will enjoy it so very much, Sandy!
xo Lidy

Sassafras and LuLu said...

Hello there Sandy B! I am here from my new friend Karen/KarenEileen and it is nice to meet you!(or your space anyhow!) Looks like you have a great little shop...can't visit right now as my jet is out of fuel, I think the kids used it all for their barbie limo's
well none of that is true...we are over here yonder in PA..just a hop away from you! Just wanted to stop by and say Hi, I am on a journey and my family cannot believe "mom" is actually trying to get time in on the computer and bloggin away w/her own space..since end of Nov. Just you wait, you will be addicted too!!
Best of luck and come visit me at:
www.sassafrasandlulu.blogspot.com some time!

warmly,
Carol

Birdsong said...

Hey, grrl, I am glad you ventured into the world of blogging... I have been at this for over three years, and have met some of my now-closest friends through my passion for knitting and the fact that I decided to blog about it. I love that picture of Henry, and sure had a nice time visiting with you the other day... the snow pinned us down pretty much all last week, but I will be calling soon to get together for coffee.

Unknown said...

Hi Sandi,

I love your site my friend. I loved the snow on your house as well. I was just up there for a hike on Monday, January 21 and the snow was coming down. Of course, I checked to see if you were open but you guys were closed. I hiked away with some friends all the same.

Know that you are always welcome to visit me in San Francisco. I'll make sure to drop an e-mail before I come up next.

Jenny

PS: I still love my boots from your fabulous store. I get the best comments!

Sandy said...

Hi Sandy B, my name is Sandy B too! I came over from Karen's to give you a warm welcome to blog land. You will love it here. There are so many wonderful neighbors. I'm a newby too, just started my blog this past August. I met Karen through blogging and she is such a wonderful person. I look forward to getting to know you too. I'll be back!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hi Sandy B!

Congrats on your new blog and boutique...your place sounds fabulous. I am fairly new to blogging (since August) and I am about to "open" my first online boutique.

How is yours going?

Nice to "meet" you!

Jillian